Updated November 27, 2020
Most of the big name software companies offer discounts and freebies for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations. If you are buying software for your nonprofit, do a quick online search to check (e.g. "Gravity Forms nonprofit discount"). Some offer free licenses for nonprofits, but even 15% off the list price can be a significant savings over time. Each company has its own rules and restrictions, and offers may change over time, so be sure to check out the links below to learn more.
A note on discounts for schools: Many companies also have educational discounts which are different than their nonprofit discounts. You can easily find any of these discounts by Googling the name of the software plus "educational discount" or "nonprofit discount".
Here are some of our favorite software discounts for nonprofits, with links to the company's nonprofit information page:
Websites, Email, and Admin Tools
- Google for Nonprofits - Google has many perks for nonprofits, including a free Gsuite account. Also check out Google Ad Grants, which provides $10K/mo in AdWords.
- A2Hosting nonprofit discount (affiliate link) - our preferred website hosting company offers discounts for nonprofits, just open a support ticket to request the discount
Project Management & Team Communication
- ClickUp - free project management tool for nonprofits - ClickUp is our tool of choice for managing projects. Their free version is a fully functional project management system that's perfect for nonprofits. Upgrade to their premium version for additional features.
- Asana nonprofit discount - project management (list based)
- Trello non-profit discount - project management (card based)
- Slack for Nonprofits - team/staff communication
- DropBox - file storage and sharing. Nonprofit rate available when you contact sales.
Design & Business Software
- Adobe products nonprofit discounts - Extensive discounts on Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional, and more
- Airtable nonprofit discount FAQs - database web application (like a sup'ed up spreadsheet). You need to submit a form to get the nonprofit discount.
- Canva Premium is free for nonprofits - easy to use digital design tool, which is especially useful for social media graphics
- Microsoft product discount eligibility - Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Zapier for Non-Profits - allows you to set up workflow automation and notifications between web applications. They also have a blog post with more discounts: Zapier's list of nonprofit discounts
Social Media & Email Marketing
- Buffer for nonprofits - social media scheduling and monitoring
- Facebook for Social Good - has an entire resource library for nonprofits, including fundraising tools
- LinkedIn nonprofit information - business networking for hiring and recruiting
- Mailchimp pricing for nonprofits - email marketing (discount at bottom of pricing page)
- YouTube Nonprofit Program - resources and training for nonprofits
- Stripe fee discount for non-profit organizations - online payment processing
- Paypal charity discount - both offer discounted transaction rates for nonprofits
And Tech Soup, which deserves its own section
- TechSoup software discounts and resources for nonprofits - TechSoup is the gateway to many of these discounts and lots more. Once you are verified via TechSoup, your confirmation number can be used for many other discounts including Quickbooks, Shutterstock, Symantec, Amazon AWS and others.
BONUS TIP: You can get other discounted services and hardware from TechSoup, such as computers and IT help.
Did you find this information helpful? Sign up to get more technology & marketing tips from Surelutions.