Today, December 3, 2019 is #GivingTuesday. For our nonprofit website clients, this is a day to share reminders all over social media, websites, and email marketing that their organization is doing important work and encourage people to make a donation. Giving Tuesday typically kicks of their annual end of year appeal and helps get people in the mindset of giving after all the craziness of shopping for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
But as a community member, business owner, freelancer, every day person, what does Giving Tuesday mean to you? Do you typically give on Giving Tuesday? Or do you wait for that annual appeal letter to arrive in your mailbox in December?
What if you added up your Black Friday shopping and Cyber Monday subscribing expenses and gave that amount to your favorite nonprofits? What if you donate a fraction of that amount? Your donation could help:
- Provide food and clothing for families in your city who are struggling to make ends meet
- Assist people struggling with mental health get the counseling they need
- Support local farmers and make locally grown food available to city residents
- Make resources available for people struggling with addiction
- Educate parents on the pressures their kids may face in school and how they can help
- Share art, music, dance, and theater to people of all ages in your community at a time when so many of these important programs and experiences are being cut from budgets
- Support environmental improvements and sustainability through recycling and reducing waste
- Contribute to programs for the health and well-being of local seniors
Please take a moment from your busy Tuesday and make a donation to your favorite nonprofit organization or charity. The health and happiness of your community depends on it.
We are very proud of the work our nonprofit clients do in the community, and happy to help support their important missions.